Scrap metal recycling creates jobs even in a down economy and helps supports jobs in related industries. At Cohen, our people make the difference and we are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone is treated with respect.
Our employees work in a safe and autonomous environment, earn good wages and benefits, and give back to the communities we serve. We offer medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, short term & long term disability and 401(k).
We are always accepting applications, but are currently hiring for the following positions:
Day and Evening shift.
Scrap yard/roll-off experience preferred.
- Class A commercial drivers license
- Clean driving record
- Documented proof of ≥1 year of over-the-road experience
- Must meet the Department of Transportation physical & medical requirements
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
Heavy equipment maintenance and/or tractor trailer experience.
- Ability to read hydraulic/pneumatic and mechanical blueprints
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Provide own tools
Scrap handling and hydraulic excavator/loader experience preferred.
- Ability to operate in a confined space or open terrain
- Experience with magnet or grapple attachments
- Excellent communication skills